Research Scientist, Computer Vision
As a Research Scientist on the computer vision team, you will be helping to build the computer vision framework that drives our core business. You will be taking the latest advancements in computer vision research in areas like detection, tracking, segmentation, and SLAM, and implementing them using the highly performant Pilot AI machine learning framework and building blocks. You will be helping to build Pilot AI’s computer vision API that can be exposed to our customers, as well as using the Pilot AI API to build CV applications for high value customers.
You should have expertise in computer vision, computational geometry, and computational math (additional experience in related fields such as machine learning and computer graphics is a plus), and have worked on developing large scale deployable software projects in C++.
Product over research: We are working at the cutting-edge and make research-level breakthroughs, but our focus is driving value for our customers, not writing research papers.
We work hard: We pride ourselves on delivering product to our customers, on-time and on-spec. To do this, we work smart, and we work hard.
- 6+ years of experience as a software engineer and shipped software products
- Strong C++ programming experience
- Expertise in computer vision, computational geometry, computational math or a related field which is heavily computational math-based.
- Familiarity with deep learning CV methods for localization, detection, classification or segmentation a plus.
- An understanding of adaptive data structures such as KD trees, etc.
- Familiarity heavily modifying open-source deep learning frameworks such as TensorFlow, Caffe, and NNPack.
- Experience developing large scale deployable software products
- Experience working on large, complex codebases
- Familiarity with version control tools such as GIT, CVS, SVN, etc.
- Familiarity with project management tools such as BitBucket, Jira, etc.
- BS in Computer Science/Engineering or related software-based field
- MS or PhD preferred
- Health Care Plan (Medical, Dental & Vision)
- Retirement Plan (401k, IRA)
- Life Insurance (Basic, Voluntary & AD&D)
- Paid Time Off (Vacation, Sick & Public Holidays)
- Family Leave (Maternity, Paternity)
- Short Term & Long Term Disability
- Training & Development
- Free Food & Snacks
- Wellness Resources
- Stock Option Plan