Software Engineer, Performance Optimization (Embedded, H/W)
As a Performance Optimization Software Engineer, you will be helping to ensure that our platform runs efficiently on a variety of modern hardware platforms. This includes implementing our core computation kernels in an efficient way for architectures such as ARM CPUs, mobile GPUs, DSPs, as well as more exotic architectures. In order to extract as much performance as possible, you will need to develop a deep understanding of the higher-level computer vision algorithms that differentiate our platform.
You should have expertise in performance benchmarking, low-level assembly and intrinsic tuning, and background in computer vision (or related field such as computer graphics, machine learning, computational math, etc) to understand the high-level algorithms, all skills that you will use every day.
Product over research: We are working at the cutting-edge and make research-level breakthroughs, but our focus is driving value for our customers, not writing research papers.
We work hard: We pride ourselves on delivering product to our customers, on-time and on-spec. To do this, we work smart, and we work hard.
- Develop state of the art, performance critical code to accelerate Pilot AI’s platform
- Analyze and prototype key deep learning and data analytics algorithms and applications
- Understand and analyze the interplay of hardware and software architectures on future algorithms and applications
- 3+ years of experience as a software engineer and shipped software products
- Strong C++ programming experience
- MUST HAVE experience with performance profiling and single-threaded optimization on x86, ARM, NEON, CUDA, or DSP instruction sets.
- Experience working with numerical-based applications such as Machine Learning, Computer Vision, Computer Graphics.
- BS in Computer Science/Engineering or related software-based field.
- Familiarity with version control tools such as GIT, CVS, SVN, etc.
- Familiarity with project management tools such as BitBucket, Jira, etc.
- Experience developing large scale deployable software products
- Experience working in large, complex codebases
- MS or PhD preferred
- Health Care Plan (Medical, Dental & Vision)
- Retirement Plan (401k, IRA)
- Life Insurance (Basic, Voluntary & AD&D)
- Paid Time Off (Vacation, Sick & Public Holidays)
- Family Leave (Maternity, Paternity)
- Short Term & Long Term Disability
- Training & Development
- Free Food & Snacks
- Wellness Resources
- Stock Option Plan